This is a super easy Valentine surprise frosted popcorn recipe and is perfect for Valentine’s Day parties! My son’s class will be having a Valentine’s Day movie party and they asked parents to volunteer to bring snacks. I wanted to make something fun and easy to carry so I thought about popcorn but plain popcorn is boring so we had to spice it up! We made 22 of these adorable buckets of Valentine surprise frosted popcorn for them!
The plastic buckets were ordered from Amazon and come with lids so it is easy to transport. It is hard to tell from the picture but the buckets are not too large. One bag of popcorn made 4 buckets with a little left over for my kids to snack on! Kettle corn can be purchased at any frocer or you can grab a box here.
Valentine Surprise Frosted Popcorn
- Plain (non buttered) popcorn. We used kettle corn.
- Sixlets candy (M&Ms or any other small chocolate candies will work as well)
- Glaze (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pop your popcorn and pour into large bowl
- Drizzle glaze over popcorn slowly stirring as you go until all pieces are lightly coated
- Add in chocolate candies
- Transfer to containers of your choice
That’s it! I told you it was fast and easy! I made this test batch for my kids and they loved it! My husband isn’t a huge sweets fan and even he liked it. I know this frosted popcorn will be a huge hit at the Valentine’s party!