Glitter slime is awesome! We love it around here. My boys will play with slime for hours at a time and it is sooo easy to make! Here is the slime we made for my son’s preschool class. It is our Valentine’s Glitter Slime Favor. These are great as an addition to a small bucket with candy. We will be using small white metal buckets stuffed with red confetti paper with the heart slime and a few suckers.
- Clear School Glue
- Red food Coloring
- Red and Silver Glitter (optional)
- Heart Shaped Containers
- Empty the bottle of glue into a bowl.
- Fill the empty glue bottle with hot water and shake.
- Empty the glue bottle into the bowl with the glue and mix. If you want to add more glitter pour it in now and mix well into the glue mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix 3/4 cup boiling water with 3/4 teaspoon of borax. Mix well.
- Slowly pour about half of the borax mixture into the glue bowl and mix. The slime will come together the more you mix and knead it. It takes time. If you use too much water and can’t get it to mix in you can just drain it off. It will not hurt your slime.
- You can add more of the borax water if needed as well. The amount of Borax you use will change the consistency of the slime. For a runnier slime use less Borax and for a firmer slime use a little more.
- Add about 1 TBSP of the finished slime to each heart shaped container.
I prefer to add the Borax to the water while it is boiling to ensure it is well dissolved. You can also use glitter glue if you prefer. I have never had good luck with the glitter glue but others have. I stick to the clear glue, food coloring, extra glitter method because that is what has always worked for us!