I just love the extra sparkle glitter gives a craft project and wanted to use it with paint. The problem is the glitter always fell off the paper after the paint dried so I decided to try and make a sticky glitter paint. I didn’t want it to be too thick so I diluted some clear glue with water first. It gives it just enough stickiness to hold the glitter but it still works just like a normal paint. It does not gum up paint brushes like I thought it would either but I still try to get them washed right after painting just in case.
Homemade Sticky Glitter Paint
- Pour the clear glue and the 1/2 cup of water into the sauce pan and heat on medium until well mixed
- Pour the mixture into your containers
- Add a couple drops of food coloring to each container and stir
- Add glitter to your mixes. I did the same color glitter as the food coloring in each container.
- Let mixture cool before using
That’s it! Now the kiddos can have fun painting! The glue in the mix keeps the glitter from falling all over the place. The paint really isn’t too sticky just sticky enough to keep the glitter in place. You will need to give it a good stir before each use as the glitter tends to either float or sink to the bottom after a bit.