I love crafting with popsicle sticks. Some people call them craft sticks but it is all the same! This popsicle stick snowman is a very easy and versatile craft. You can add magnet strips to the back and hang on the fridge or add a ribbon to hang as an ornament. They would be cute as gift basket accents too!
Christmas is such a magical time of year. It feels like family just loves being close during the months of November and December and I love it. My sons get excited about making things for family, teachers, and friends. This year we came up with a few new crafts but the popsicle stick snowman is one of my favorites due to its simplicity.
- Popsicle sticks
- Glue (hot glue works well but not safe for kids so we used rubber cement glue)
- Paint in white and black
- Paint brush
- Marker, googly eyes, foam pieces to make facial features
- We used small sticks so I needed 11 to make it big enough. Lay the popsicle sticks in a straight line.
- Glue 2 sticks across to hold them together
- Flip it over after the glue dries
- Paint the botton 3/4 white
- Paint the top 1/4 black
- Paint one stick black and glue across where the white and black paint meet
- Now add your facial features. I used sharpie for the mouth, googly eyes, and a foam piece for the carrot nose
- now you can add a ribbon to hang it as an ornament or magnets for the fridge!
How will you decorate your popsicle stick snowman? We will be making more to use as gift and gift basket accents. I think the grandparents will love getting a homemade gift from the boys! I might add some glitter too but don’t tell my husband!