Now that I am a mom I realize just how wasteful I have been my WHOLE LIFE! We are on a green mission in my house. That means no paper towels, recycling, repurposing, and making my own cleaning supplies whenever possible. Most store bought cleaners are full of chemicals that I just do not want around my kids not to mention the negative effects they have on the environment.
I have finally found a recipe for a natural all purpose cleaner that actual works! I am super excited to share it with all of you! It is pretty easy to make and you probably already have all of the ingredients on hand!
Homemade Natural All Purpose Cleaner
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vinegar (white works the best)
- The juice of one lemon
- 5-10 drops lemon essential oil
1. Stir the baking soda into the water in a bowl until completely dissolved.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in order and stir.
3. Transfer to your spray bottle. (Great opp to reuse a spray bottle!)
4. Shake gently before each use.
The lemon and vinegar give this cleaner germ killing power so it is a disinfectant which is important to me. The lemon leaves a super fresh scent too!
IMPORTANT ~ Follow the steps in ORDER. If not the acids will react with the baking soda. The baking soda must be dissolved in the water FIRST! Due to the acidity in this cleaner it is not recommended for use on marble or granite.