No parent wants to think about theri kids getting lice but it is a real possibility if they are in school or daycare. What if you could help prevent it all together? Fairy Tales Hair Care has developed a line called Rosemary Repel that helps you do just that!
My boys both started school this year and we have already had a lice scare! X’s teacher sent home a note saying one student had them and we should check his head. Luckily he did not get them but I want to keep him from ever getting them! The Rosemary Repel line is made with natural plant extracts and organic herbs so it is safe to use on your children. Lice do not like rosemary and will stay away from it so you greatly reduce the risk of your child getting lice to begin with.
I was a little apprehensive about using a lice repellent line because every lice product I have ever used has a super strong odor and I do not want my kids going to school smelling like chemicals! The Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel line has a nice smell. It is not overpowering and it does not smell like chemicals (because it doesn’t have any chemicals!). The scent is light and pleasant. The shampoo cleans very well and the conditioner gets out tangles. I do not use hair gel on my kids so we didn’t really test that product. The detangling spray is amazing! My son has very curly hair that gets tangled easily. The spray works wonders in the morning making brushing a breeze!
All in all I am very impressed with the line and will be continuing to use Fairy Tales hair care Rosemary Repel to prevent my children from getting lice from school! Fairy Tales focuses on natural products so I feel good using them on my kids.
• The majority of reported lice cases are in children age 3 to 11.
• Lice infects people regardless of social status or personal hygiene. Lice, in fact, like clean hair, not dirty hair, because it is easier to attach to a clean hair shaft rather than a dirty one.
• Lice are human parasites and need human blood to survive.
• The most common way for lice to transfer is through head to head contact. Lice do not fly or jump; they only crawl.
• Lice move slowly and take 30 seconds to move from head to head.
• Lice can survive off a human head for 24-36 hours and can therefore be transmitted through contact with pillows, hats, hair brushes, athletic helmets and other personal items.
• A full grown adult louse can live up to 30 days on the head and lay up to 100 eggs in her lifetime.
• The color of lice changes throughout the life-cycle. Eggs are nearly colorless, hatched eggs (called nits) are light yellow or whitish-gray, and adult lice are grayish brown in color.
• A nit, otherwise known as a hatched egg, is smaller than a pin head (approximately .01 to .03 inches) and extremely hard to remove.
• Symptoms of lice include itching at the scalp, small red bumps or sores on the neck or scalp and a tickling feeling of something moving in the hair.
• Herbs such as rosemary, citronella and tea tree have been proven to repel head lice; the smell keeps them away.
• It is easy to mistake pieces of dandruff, food or hair products for louse eggs or nits. If the particle can be removed easily with your fingers, it’s not a nit.
About Lice Prevention
• Avoid sharing personal items such as hats, combs and brushes, hair accessories, towels, pillows, and ear buds. If you must share an item, such as an athletic helmet, wipe it down with a wet cloth before use.
• Keep long hair pulled up in a braid or pony tail.
• Avoid daily hair washing when possible. Lice attach more easily to clean hair.
• Use hair care products that repel lice naturally with ingredients such as rosemary oil, citronella oil and tea tree oil.
• Store each person’s personal items such as jackets, backpacks, hats and scarves in separate cubbies or a sealed bag.
Fairy Tales Hair Care Rosemary Repel
Rosemary Repel® Shampoo
• The first of its kind, this unique shampoo is infused with rosemary, citronella, tea tree, anise, lavender and geranium oils to repel lice
• The formula is safe to use every day and contains no harsh ingredients or chemicals
• The nourishing ingredients promote soft, squeaky-clean and shiny hair and is safe for all hair types
• Available in a 32 oz. bottle, $24.95, a 12 oz. bottle, $10.95, and a 2 oz. travel bottle, $2.95
Rosemary Repel® Cream Conditioner
• The conditioner combines lice protecting ingredients such as rosemary and citronella with aloe and vitamin E to protect and nourish hair
• The lightweight formula promotes tangle free, silky hair without build up
• Available in a 32 oz. bottle, $29.95, an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95, and a 2 oz. travel bottle, $2.95
Rosemary Repel® Leave-In Conditioning Spray
• The conditioning spray blends organic oils of rosemary, citronella, tea tree, lemongrass, peppermint, sage and others to keep lice and other insects away
• The formula contains vitamin B-5 and aloe to detangle, condition, and protect the hair from unwanted elements
• Safe to use as part of a daily hair-care routine, the Rosemary Repel Leave-In conditioning spray has been proven to be 92% effective when used alone and nearly 100% effective when combined with the other Fairy Tales Hair Care lice prevention products
• A favorite of moms across the country, Rosemary Repel Leave-In Conditioning Spray is Fairy Tales Hair Care’s best selling product!
• Available in a 32 oz. refillable bottle, $29.95, an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95, and a 2 oz. travel size bottle, $2.95
Rosemary Repel® Gel
• The Rosemary Repel gel is the perfect styling tool to create polished hairstyles while keeping lice and bugs away
• The formula is infused with organic rosemary, citronella, tea tree, anise, cinnamon, mint, sage and geranium oils for healthy, beautiful hair
• Available in an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95
Rosemary Repel® Spray and Shield Hair Spray
• This lightweight hairspray holds hair’s style while providing protection against lice and other bugs
• The formula is infused with pure oils of rosemary, citronella, tea tree, cinnamon, rose extracts and geranium oil for healthy, beautiful hair
• Available in an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95